We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the Corby Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within Corby, which are of benefit to the residents of Corby
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Corby
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Corby
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.